Monday, February 15, 2010

What Barbie and the Media has done to the people

I know that some of you from class have not seen the Heidi Montag plastic surgery story so I have posted it here for you guys. I feel like I have so much to say on how this is such a crucial example of how our society is effected by the media. In this video she claims to have gotten the plastic surgery because what others have posted about her on her blogger (this is media involved for example the internet). She has also been trying to publicize herself to be more rich and famous (the media gives us a representation of what a pop star should look like by music videos, magazines etc). Most of all I think Heidi Montag may subcontiously be trying to be like BARBIE. I saw this video after our discussions on this. After watching it a second time and seeing her proud of her new self being plastic I have come to my conclusion that media has a serious effect on teens. She may be 23 and possibly has body dysmorphic disorder so she may have been born to never be happy with herself. I believe the media made it worse for her sickness. She now has her publicity but instead of people blogging about her "Jay Leno" chin she claims she had, they are now going to blog about her sickness. People will always talk about others and the internet gives these teens a way to communicate how they feel about others. Some people such as Heidi Montag can not mentally handle it. I feel like the internet and the media is in control of Heidi and she unfortunately has no idea.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so disturbing about Heidi, she looks like a completely different person.

    ReplyDelete