Monday, February 1, 2010

When I was 13-
My life began to change from the poor girl on the south side living with roaches and constant break-ins in the small three bedroom apt with my single mother and two sisters to the girl who lived with the white picket fence ( so it appeared). I think living two different lifestyles made me who I am today. I can relate to those who have lived poorly and those who do not. Because of this I was friends with everyone and did not see what was in front of me but instead how they treated one another or me. I was the girl to stick up for someone when they were picked on despite me getting made fun of I knew the feeling of having to wear hand me downs and never had name brand things like my fellow students had. I have so much to say about being 13 because I feel it was one of the most important times in my life when I experienced the most mental, physical, and emotional changes in life. In closing I will have to say I am proud of where I came from because it makes me who I am today. I have put myself through college and graduate this year. It took me six years but I did it all on my own which gives me a feeling of euphoria every time I think about it. My past made me who I am and I recognize that in others and hope that others do the same with themselves. I am a strong willed, compassionate, Independent woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment